Show your dog how much you love them this Valentine's Day with homemade dog treats! And if you love making dog treats at home (like us), you'll appreciate just how simple and easy this recipe is to make. With only 2 ingredients, it takes less than 10 minutes to prep.
For this recipe, we used strawberries, but feel free to substitute with any dog-friendly fruit you might have on hand, like bananas or blueberries.
- 4-5 strawberries
- 3 heaping tbsp of plain unsweetened yogurt
Tools and equipment:
- Treat molds (we used heart shaped for Valentine's Day)
- Blender or food processor
- Cut green tops off of strawberries and add to blender
- Add 3 heaping tbsps of plain yogurt to blender
- Blend to combine
- Pour mix into molds
- Put molds into the freezer for minimum 1 hour to set
- Pop treats out of mold and serve immediately!
- No blender or food processor? No problem! You can always dice up the strawberry pieces nice and small and mix them into the yogurt.
- Depending on the size of your molds, you might need more time in the freezer to set.
- Don't have strawberries on hand? This recipe works with any dog-friendly fruit! Swap out strawberries for other safe fruit options like bananas or blueberries.